Monday, April 2, 2007

Collector's Hunting tips

Hello everyone!
In the wake of the Star Wars 3oth anniversary collection being released, I decided to share some of my collectors tips.
It is true that some collectibles are extremely rare and might only be released one per case (Such as many of the Clone Commanders recently released), but that does not mean you are out of luck.
Most stores will receive shipments of new figures at least once a week, depending on sales, so it is quite easy to get that chase figure your heart desires.

1. Call ahead:
Yes, this is exactly what it sounds like. If you call the store and ask if they have a new shipment in, or if they have a certain figure, often times the employees will help you out. I am sure they know how important this stuff is to us.
2. Keep checking in:
For me that would be almost every morning, but if that is too extreme, every 3 days or so is usually adequate. If a new shipment came in between those days however, you are probably out of luck.
3.Find out the stores shipment schedule:
This is the one that has been most valuable to me. I can't always go to the store every day, but if I find out when they get their shipments, I can check on those days, and that has helped me get every chase clone since Episode 3 waves came out.
4. Be patient!
I know it is extremely frustrating when you can't find the figure you need, but if you wait it out, you WILL get one. Hasbro is not out there to frustrate collectors, they are out there to make money. That means they will make more, and keep releasing them until they stop selling.
5.Websites:
This has been the key to me getting a couple of chase figures before you could find them in stores, such as Commander Bacara. Wal-mart, Target, and K-Mart are excellent websites for finding figures.

I hope this has been helpful to you out there!
Remember, just be patient and happy hunting!

1 comment:

Chris Pence said...

Hello, fiddler. The rush of the unt is getting to you, I see. I don't have that rush anymore because I found all the figures I want out of the first wave.

Anyway, employees aren't going to go see if they have a specific figure. They will tell you if a shipment is in, and you might be lucky if they look up the DCPI number.

Checking every few days won't really do you anything. They won't restock the pegs untill almost all the figures are gone, or it is a restokeing day.