Sunday, February 4, 2007

The Blogger Returns! Updates on Big News for 2007 including the casting of Caspian!


Okay, so here it is..the big return.

I know that it has been too long since the last post, but school has been a beast lately.


First on the list of big news is the debut at the Ruffin Theater of Will Tell. Over 17o people showed, breaking the previous record for Friday night concert series. After the 2 hour long show, we went over to the Coffee Lounge for a while. Next on the list will be the two CD release parties in Jackson and Memphis.


Next on the List of big news is the casting of Caspian for the next Narnia film. A 25 year old British actor Ben Barnes. Apparently, the age of Caspian has been raised a bit for the movie! More on this story can be found at www.narniaweb.com.


As far as entertainment goes, this is going to be a big year. Relient K, anberlin, and tobyMac all have new cds coming out soon. DDR Universe is going to be released for XBox 36o, and a yet unnamed DDR title for Wii has been announced.

Also, it the summer of 3. Spiderman 3, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, Shrek the Third, Ocean's Thirteen, and the Bourne Ultimatum all hit theaters beginning in May. Other movies of interest: Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, Bridge to Terabithia, Ghost Rider, just to name a few.


Of note to collectors of Star Wars memorabilia--Target has begun to sell Battle Packs for the 3oth anniversary collection. I managed to pick up a Felucia pack that includes Aayla Secura, Commander Bly, and 3 additional clone trooper commandos from Felucia. Also, Walmart has it's Saga Collection Collector's additional vintage figures for 2.50. That is quite a steal if you don't already have the collection.


I guess that is all for now. I will keep you all posted (or all two of us, Chris), on any other major developments in the world of collecting and entertainment.

Signing out,

The Buckland Fiddler

1 comment:

Chris Pence said...

Hello! Jedi Chris here. I am currently sitting in my grandparent's house on an old computer using Dial-Up to do my daily online stuff. I'm glad to see you are blogging again.

I know ths sounds weird, but I was drawing on my way to Disney world and came up with a great picture of Butt Man (your alter ego) you could put on your Myspace page.

Disney was great! I spent nearly all my money at the Star Tours gift shop. We did the Everest roller coaster in Animal kingdom which is TOTALLY AWSOME!