Thursday, March 22, 2007

The Battle of the Movies




This summer some of the biggest films in movie history will compete at the box office for the coveted 'highest grossing movie' slot. The first to be released is Spiderman 3. With its perfect track record and high expectations, I expect this film to win the number one slot by a margin.




The second film could turn out to beat this film because of its family friendliness. Shrek the Third hits theaters two weeks following SM3 and looks to be really good, with the entire original cast returning.




The next film follows after only a week and honestly, it stands on shaky ground.


Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End will be released as the finale of a trilogy, but it is uncertain how it will be received because of the mixed reaction to Pirates 2.




It is anyone's guess as to which of these will do better.




Other big films this summer are:


Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer


Oceans Thirteen




Next summer we get the new Batman movie: The Dark Knight and the next Narnia installment: Prince Caspian.




Happy watching and waiting!

1 comment:

Chris Pence said...

Hey, fiddler. Glad to see you finally updated your blog. I really like it when you put in new posts, but you need to do it more often. I do atleast one post every two days. They don't all have to be something big and long and with pictures, just a little article about somthing that interests you.


For me, that system seems to work, I have had more than 140 visits in the last three weeks. I also suggest you put a link in your forum signature over at SWAN forums. That's were I've gotten atleast half of my visits from.

Back to the topic of the post: This May is going to be AWSOME! I will probley see Pirates and Spider Man in the big theatre, but I think I'll be able to wait and see Shrek at the dollar theatre. Fantastic Four, well, maybe I'll see that on video. We don't get to go see alout of movies because we are so busy.